A Spring Heating Tune-up Is a Smart Call
9 Great Reasons To Add It to Your To-do List!
Yardwork, clearing the gutters, cleaning the grill. As the days get longer, and the weather gets warmer, those are the chores most likely to be moving to the top of your list. Chances are you’re not giving much thought to your boiler or furnace, other than those last few chilly nights when you might need to turn it up just a little.
Benefits of Spring System Tune-ups
Once the sun starts shining, the last thing on your mind is your heating system tune-up. But we’ve got some great reasons that you should schedule it in the spring or early summer months:
- The benefits of your tune-up won’t wear off over the summer. Once the tune-up is done, it’s ready for when you turn the heat on again in the fall.
- It’s a jumpstart on your fall chores—which is kind of great when you think how busy that time of year can ultimately be.
- You’ll get your choice of appointments. In the fall, everyone is in a rush, and convenient appointment times fill up fast.
- Your system will be in prime shape and ready to go at the first unexpected cold snap in the fall.
- Your equipment will run when you need it most. It’s not the average winter temperatures that strain your equipment. It’s the stretch of single-digit days and polar vortexes that force your heating system to work extra hard to heat your home. Routine maintenance catches heating system problems in their early stages, helping you avoid inconvenient equipment breakdowns and the potentially costly repairs that come with them.
- A well-maintained heating system runs more efficiently, burning less fuel to keep you comfortable. That translates into savings on your fuel bills—often as much as 10 percent.
- Your equipment will last longer. Regular maintenance can add years to the life of your furnace or boiler. Neglected heating equipment will need to be replaced earlier than expected—a big expense that can be avoided with seasonal tune-ups.
- For most people, a good warranty is a key consideration with a major purchase like a heating system. Why jeopardize that coverage? Most heating equipment warranties require routine professional service as a precondition; skip your tune-up and your manufacturer could be voided, leaving you to pay out of pocket for the expense.
- If you have a forced-air heating system, a well-maintained furnace will help keep air moving while also controlling household humidity—two significant contributors to healthy indoor air quality.
Service Plans Help Prepare for the Future
Speaking of out-of-pocket expenses, consider one of our service plans. Our service plans are so much more than a seasonal tune-up. They can really help you save when you do need a repair! Our Premium Service plan covers parts and labor for most repairs, and our Basic plan provides discounts on parts and labor. All our plans include priority emergency service. Because according to Murphy’s Law, if something can go wrong, it will—and usually at the worst time. These emergencies won’t wait until the weather clears or normal business hours resume, and neither will we.
Why wait? Contact Dorr Oil and Propane today to get on the schedule for your heating equipment tune-up and be ready for fall season that lies ahead.