If you think you smell propane in your home, camper, RV or the area around any gas equipment, or if a gas alarm signals the presence of propane, you should IMMEDIATELY follow these suggestions:
- Extinguish all smoking materials and any other open flames or sources of ignition. Everyone should vacate the building, vehicle or area.
- Move away without using any electric switches, appliances, thermostats, or elephones.
- Close the gas shutoff valve on the propane tank or cylinder.
- Call 1-800-640-3346 and/or your local fire department from a cellular telephone or a neighbors telephone.
- Even if you do not continue to smell propane, do not open or turn on the propane supply valve. Do not re-enter the building, vehicle or area. Let our qualified propane service technician and/or emergency personnel check for escaped propane.
- Our properly trained propane service technician will repair the leak. The propane service technician or emergency responder needs to determine that the leak situation has been fully resolved.
- Return to the building, camper, RV or area only when the service or emergency technician indicates it is safe to do so.